BSB60520 Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Total duration 78 weeks
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who provide leadership and support strategic direction in the marketing and communications activities of an organisation. Their knowledge base may be highly specialised or broad within the marketing and communications field. Typically, they are accountable for group outcomes and the overall performance of the marketing and communication, advertising or public relations functions of an organisation. This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBMKG622||Manage organisational marketing processes||Core|
|BSBMKG623||Develop marketing plans|
|BSBMKG621||Develop organisational marketing strategy|
|BSBTWK601||Develop and maintain strategic business networks|
|BSBMKG624||Manage market research||Elective|
|BSBMKG626||Develop advertising campaigns|
|BSBMKG627||Execute advertising campaigns|
|BSBOPS601||Develop and implement business plans|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving|
|BSBSTR601||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|BSBFIN601||Manage organisational finances|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|Vocational Outcome||Marketing director, Marketing strategist, National, regional or global marketing manager|
Training is delivered in stages which correspond to AQF Levels VI. The preferred pathway for a qualiﬁcation is for students to complete the requirements of the previous level qualiﬁcation before progressing to the next level – thereby achieving more than one qualiﬁcation. Applicants without the previous level qualiﬁcation will be considered if they have relevant qualiﬁcation and/or vocational experience. We aim to equip our graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to successfully satisfy the demands of the workplace.
Course Delivery & Assessment Methods
- Delivery and assessment strategies are selected to reﬂect the nature of the elements and performance criteria of the competency together with the needs and learning style of the participants. Delivery and assessment method includes a blended learning practice including learning management system (Moodle).
- Assessment methodology may include but is not limited to: observation, project/ report, case study, role play, exercises, activities; and written/oral tasks including multiple choice, questions and answer, essays, true/false and presentations.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12 (refer to table 1)
- Must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 (refer to table 2)
- Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities; BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix; BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans; BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy; and BSBPMG430 Undertake project work. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
- Have four years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
TABLE 1: TM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|Completing a senior school certificate or higher secondary school certificate.|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 11 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 10 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
TABLE 2: TM ENGLISH REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|IELTS score||Equivalent English Level
(Successful completion of each level)
IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0
|3.0 – 4.0||Basic (10 weeks) + Pre-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|4.5 – 5.5||Intermediate (20 weeks) or Upper-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|6.0 – 7.0||Pre-Advanced (10 weeks) + Advanced (10 weeks)|
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
Have you worked or studied in this ﬁeld before? RPL will gives you an opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you will need to contact with our marketing & admission team for RPL kit, which will provide you detail information & a complete process of RPL.
|Shift # 1 (Weekdays)
|Monday, Tuesday: 8 am – 4 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 2 (Weekend)
|Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 3 (Evening)||Monday – Thursday: 5:00 pm –10:00 pm|
|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6||Term 7||Term 8|
For admission, please contact us:
Tel: +61 02 82787722
RTO: 41479 | CRICOS: 03510J