BSB50620 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Total duration 52 weeks
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and communication and who demonstrate a range of skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically, the individuals would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams. This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBMKG541||Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities||Core|
|BSBMKG542||Establish and monitor the marketing mix|
|BSBMKG552||Design and develop marketing communication plans|
|BSBMKG555||Write persuasive copy|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
|BSBMKG543||Plan and interpret market research||Elective|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBOPS505||Manage organisational customer service|
|BSBMKG551||Create multiplatform advertisements for mass media|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBMKG545||Conduct marketing audits|
|Vocational Outcome||Account Manager (Advertising), Marketing manager, Marketing team leader, Product manager, Marketing and Communication Manager, Public relations manager|
Training is delivered in stages which correspond to AQF Levels V. The preferred pathway for a qualiﬁcation is for students to complete the requirements of the previous level qualiﬁcation before progressing to the next level – thereby achieving more than one qualiﬁcation. Applicants without the previous level qualiﬁcation will be considered if they have relevant qualiﬁcation and/or vocational experience. We aim to equip our graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to successfully satisfy the demands of the workplace.
Course Delivery & Assessment Methods
- Delivery and assessment strategies are selected to reﬂect the nature of the elements and performance criteria of the competency together with the needs and learning style of the participants. Delivery and assessment method includes a blended learning practice including learning management system (Moodle).
- Assessment methodology may include but is not limited to: observation, project/ report, case study, role play, exercises, activities; and written/oral tasks including multiple choice, questions and answer, essays, true/false and presentations.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12 (refer to table 1)
- Must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 (refer to table 2)
- Entry to this qualification is limited to those who:
- Have completed BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBCMM411 Make presentations; BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas; BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities; BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour; BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry; and BSBWRT411 Write complex documents. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
TABLE 1: TM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|Completing a senior school certificate or higher secondary school certificate.|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 11 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 10 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
TABLE 2: TM ENGLISH REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|IELTS score||Equivalent English Level
(Successful completion of each level)
IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0
|3.0 – 4.0||Basic (10 weeks) + Pre-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|4.5 – 5.5||Intermediate (20 weeks) or Upper-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|6.0 – 7.0||Pre-Advanced (10 weeks) + Advanced (10 weeks)|
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
Have you worked or studied in this ﬁeld before? RPL will gives you an opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you will need to contact with our marketing & admission team for RPL kit, which will provide you detail information & a complete process of RPL.
|Shift # 1 (Weekdays)
|Monday, Tuesday: 8 am – 4 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 2 (Weekend)
|Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 3 (Evening)||Monday – Thursday: 5:00 pm –10:00 pm|
|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6||Term 7||Term 8|
For admission, please contact us:
Tel: +61 02 82787722
RTO: 41479 | CRICOS: 03510J