ICT50115 Diploma of Information Technology
Total duration: 52 Weeks
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies. This course is for people desiring to work or develop their skills in a wide range of senior and/or managerial positions within small, medium or large organisations in a broad range of industries. Students will learn about networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development. These all units will be enabling them to operate effectively within their job role.
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT511||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTNWK503||Install and maintain valid authentication processes|
|ICTNWK510||Develop, implement and evaluate system and application security|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security|
|ICTNWK513||Manage system security|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
|ICTPRG502||Manage a project using software management tools|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|
|ICTSAS502||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTICT515||Verify client business requirements|
|ICTPMG608||Manage ICT project systems implementation|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex ICT projects|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTDBS501||Monitor and improve knowledge management system|
|ICTDBS601||Build a data warehouse|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|Vocational Outcome||Computer Technician, Customer Support Professional, Help Desk Specialist, Network Support Technician, ICT Office Manager, System Support Officer.|
On completion of this qualification, candidates may choose to undertake the ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology or other Advanced Diploma qualifications from the ICT Training Package or any other training package to further enhance their career opportunities in their chosen field.
Course Delivery & Assessment Methods
- Delivery and assessment strategies are selected to reﬂect the nature of the elements and performance criteria of the competency together with the needs and learning style of the participants. Delivery and assessment method includes a blended learning practice including learning management system (Moodle).
- Assessment methodology may include but is not limited to: observation, project/ report, case study, role play, exercises, activities; and written/oral tasks including multiple choice, questions and answer, essays, true/false and presentations.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the RTO’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Students must have either an IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0 or
- Paper based (PBT) TOEFL score of 550 or above or
- Internet based (iBT) TOEFL score of 78 or above and must provide documentation to that effect.
- Vocational qualifications in Information Technology such as ICT40115 Certificate IV in Information Technology or other relevant qualifications at AQF 4 level.
TABLE 1: TM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|Year 12||Completing a senior school certificate or higher secondary school certificate.|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 11 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
|Course relevant working knowledge, skills, experiences and Year 10 completion certificate or secondary school certificate [If unable to provide equivalent year 12]|
TABLE 2: TM ENGLISH REQUIREMENT & EQUIVALENCIES
|IELTS score||Equivalent English Level
(Successful completion of each level)
|IELTS score of 5.5 total or above with no band lower than 5.0||3.0 – 4.0||Basic (10 weeks) + Pre-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|4.5 – 5.5||Intermediate (20 weeks) or Upper-intermediate (20 weeks)|
|6.0 – 7.0||Pre-Advanced (10 weeks) + Advanced (10 weeks)|
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
Have you worked or studied in this ﬁeld before? RPL will gives you an opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you will need to contact with our marketing & admission team for RPL kit, which will provide you detail information & a complete process of RPL.
|Shift # 1 (Weekdays)
|Monday, Tuesday: 8 am – 4 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 2 (Weekend)
|Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
Saturday: 8 am – 1 pm
|Shift # 3 (Evening)
|Monday – Thursday: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
|Year||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4||Term 5||Term 6||Term 7||Term 8|
For admission please contact us:
Tel: +61 02 82787722